Mobile Search Icon
Header Image for Print
Home Equity Conversion Mortgages for Seniors
Reverse mortgages are increasing in popularity with seniors who have equity in their homes and want to supplement their income. The only reverse mortgage insured by the U.S. Federal Government is called a Home Equity Conversion Mortgage or HECM, and is only available through an FHA approved lender.

About HECMs and Other Reverse Mortgages

Lenders and Counselors