FHA Appraiser Roster
Before you begin the process:
- Please read these instructions in their entirety, first, before taking action.
- Read the eligibility requirements.
- Applications must be submitted online.
- If you were previously on the roster at any time, you will not be able to apply again as a "new" applicant. Your application will be rejected. You may qualify for reinstatement.
- You must be able to fill-in and print the application form HUD-92563a from FHA Connection (FHAC), sign it, scan it and save it in PDF format. If you do not have a scanner that creates PDF files, contact a copy center. PDF is the only acceptable file format.
- In addition to the application, you must also have your current paper state-issued certification scanned and saved in PDF format to upload in the required area of FHAC.
- Review your personal information listed on the Appraisal Subcommittee's National Registry:
- Go to the Appraisal Subcommittee's (ASC) website, click "National Registry" in the menu bar and select "Standard query." Type in your name and state.
- Ensure that the field labeled "AQB Compliant" indicates "Yes". If the field is blank or if the response is "unknown" or "No", you are not eligible for placement on the FHA Roster.
FHA requires that your appraisal credentials meet or exceed the minimum criteria for a Certified General or Certified Residential appraiser issued by the Appraiser Qualifications Board (AQB) of the Appraisal Foundation. You should contact your state appraiser regulatory agency to determine how to become state credentialed and therefore, AQB compliant.
- Important: Note the number shown in the "Lic. Number" field and the certification "Type" so that you can make sure you enter the state-issued number into FHA Connection exactly as it appears in the National Registry. An inexact match will result in an error message and you will not be able to proceed further with the application. Enter exactly what the registry has even if it is different from what is on the paper credential.
- After verifying your information is current and correct on the National Registry, you may need to wait one business day before beginning the FHA online application to permit data from the National Registry to be transferred to the roster in the FHA Connection. If your information needs to be corrected on the National Registry, you must ask your state appraisal regulatory agency to resend your information to the registry.
- Now you may begin your application in FHA Connection.