HUD provides support to a nationwide network of housing counseling agencies. These HUD-approved agencies provide tools to current and prospective homeowners, and renters, so they can make responsible choices to address their housing needs.
Buying a home can be a complex process, so using a housing counselor is a smart move. If you are looking to buy a home, contacting your local HUD-Approved housing counseling agency and taking a look at the resources below can help you prepare.
- First-Time Homebuyers Credit 101
- First-Time Homebuyers Housing Counseling and You
- First-Time Homebuyers Mortgage 101
- First-Time Homebuyers - On the Money
- Housing Counseling - Smart Move! (Poster)
- Housing Counseling - Smart Move! (Brochure)
- Housing Counseling - General Housing Counseling Poster
To find a housing counselor: