- PIH-2020-05 COVID 19 Notice - For a PHA that had a PHAS score pending as of the date of this notice, and for any PHA with a fiscal year ending on or before December 31, 2020, HUD will not issue a new PHAS score unless the PHA requests that a new PHAS score be issued. HUD will instead carry forward the most recent PHAS score on record. If you would like request to be scored, please submit your request to NASS at PHAS@hud.gov and copied your associated Field Office.
The document includes the latest released Public Housing Assessment System (PHAS) scores for all Public Housing Agencies (PHAs) where PHAS scores have been issued for those PHAs with fiscal year end (FYE) dates between March 31, 2011 and December 31, 2018. PHAS scores may be published more than once for each FY; for example, the unaudited and audited score. The PHAS scores included in the report are the latest PHAS scores released in that fiscal year (FY). Additionally, there are three years of PHAS scores for each PHA where the PHA has released PHAS scores for that year.
- Timely Obligation of Capital Funds and PHAS Capital Fund Indicator Scoring
- Rejected financial and management operations submissions: How to avoid a Late Presumptive Failure (LPF) score of zero.
- Unaudited FASS Submission Time Line
- PHAS Capital Fund Interim Scoring Notice, published July 2, 2014: This Notice affects the scoring of the Capital Fund Program Indicator for PHAs with fiscal years ending (FYE) 03/31/2014, 06/30/2014, 09/30/2014,including 12/31/2015.
- HUD PHA Occupancy Percentage Calculations: This chart summarizes the HUD PHA occupancy percentage calculations under the PHAS Interim Rule for the Management Operations Indicator and the Capital Fund Program Indicator. In addition, the chart also provides the Public Housing occupancy percentage calculation under HUD’s Agency Priority Goal Reporting.
- PHAS Capital Fund Interim Scoring Notice Revised June 2012: Pursuant to this Notice, all PHAs for fiscal years ending 3/31/2011, 6/30/2011, 9/30/2011, and 12/31/2011 will receive the full five points for the Capital Fund occupancy sub-indicator.
- Regulations / PIH Notices
The Public Housing Assessment System (PHAS) Interim Rule was published on February 23, 2011 and became effective for PHAs with fiscal years ending March 31, 2011.
- Field Offices Submitting Waiver Requests
Process of SharePoint Waivers Submitted to REAC/NASS: A Public Housing Authority/Agency (HA) seeking to obtain a waiver of Departmental regulations to extend submission of audited financial data, must submit requests to their local field office Director. Waiver requests submitted directly to the Department will not be accepted for processing.
- PHAS Appeals and Waivers Processes
- Rejected Financial and Management Operations Submissions: How to avoid a Late Presumptive Failure (LPF) score of zero. Read More...
- Reminder About Late Presumptive Failure (LPF): In accordance with the PHAS regulation, the PIH-REAC computer system generates a late presumptive failure and an indicator score of zero when a PHA does not submit the required financial information and/or management certifications by the established regulatory submission deadlines. Read More...
- Further Guidance if Your Public Housing Agency (PHA) is part of a Consortium.
- Attention Small Public Housing Agencies: Based on the Deregulation for Small Public Housing Agencies, Executive Directors may request a PHAS assessment in an exempt year for their PHAs. Read More...
- Frequently Asked Questions and answers relating to the Deregulation for Small PHAs.
To update information in PIC, contact your PIC coach or visit the following websites for useful reference materials: