The purpose of the Enterprise Income Verification (EIV) function within the Real Estate Assessment (REAC) Center is to ensure that limited Federal resources are available to serve as many eligible families as possible by reducing the high incidence of program errors and to improve the integrity and accuracy of information contained in the PIC and EIV systems.
EIV provides a comprehensive on-line system for the determination and verification of various resident information and income that PHAs use in determining rental subsidy. Additionally, EIV collects supplemental employment and benefit information through data sharing agreements with the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). These agreements, in combination with HUD’s PIC system and EIV reports, provide an analysis of income and benefit information that the EIV team monitors in order to assist Public Housing Agencies (PHAs) and HUD Field Offices to identify and resolve certain regulatory deficiencies and to implement proactive measures to effectively mitigate risk and program waste, fraud and abuse.
- Suggested Data Sources used to Verify Income and Assets
- Deceased Tenants Training Slides
- Immigration Report Training Slides
- Income Validation Tool Training Slides
- Identity Verification Report Training Slides
- Multiple Subsidy Report Training Slides
- Training and Technical Assistance
- Refinement of Income and Rent Rule
- PIH Notice 2018-24 - Verification of Security Numbers (SSNs), Social Security (SS) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Benefits; and Effective Use of the Enterprise Income Verification (EIV) System's Identity Verification Report
- PIH Notice 2018-18(HA) - Administrative Guidance for Effective and Mandated Use of the Enterprise Income Verification (EIV) System
- PIH Notice 2015-06 - Privacy Protection Guidance for Third Parties
- PIH Notice 2012-4 - Effective Use of the Enterprise Income Verification (EIV) System's Deceased Tenants Report to Reduce Subsidy Payment & Administrative Errors
- PIH Notice 2013-04 - Guidance on Verification of Excluded Income