About the Housing Choice Vouchers Program
What are Housing Choice Vouchers?
Housing choice vouchers allow very low-income families to choose and lease or purchase safe, decent, and affordable privately-owned rental housing.
- Housing choice voucher program fact sheet
Definition, eligibility, application, and rent subsidy information, in addition to a description of the tenant, landlord, housing authority, and HUD's roles.
- Housing Choice Voucher Programs and Initiatives
Presentations and Publications
- HUD Funding Provisions for the Housing Choice Voucher Program Issued
- HQS Inspection Manual - This manual has been written to provide public housing agency (PHA) staff with additional information for implementing a Housing Quality Standards program under the Section 8 Existing Housing Program.
- Office of Housing Voucher Program
If you have a Housing Choice Voucher complaint, please contact the PIH Customer Service Center through our toll-free number at (800) 955-2232 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Eastern Standard Time (EST) daily Monday through Friday, except for Federal holidays. You may also send an email directly to the Public Housing's Customer Service email address: HUD-PIHRC@ardentinc.com. Click here for PIH Information Resource Center.