Office of Housing Choice Vouchers
- (NEW) Housing Choice Voucher Program - CY 2018 Administrative Fee Rates
- HOTMA Resources
Webcasts & Broadcast Slides
- 2018 HCV Funding Implementation Broadcast Slides
- 2017 HCV Funding Implementation Broadcast Slides
- PIH Notice 2016-08 (WEBINAR): Eight-part webinar discussing PIH Notice 2016-08
PowerPoint Slides, click here
- FUP FSS Demonstration Webinar Slides
- Final Portability Rule (Webcast, 8/28/15)
- Previous Webcasts & Broadcast Slides
- Accounting for the Retroactive Funding and Payments
- Data Sets
- Enhanced Vouchers - HUD has made available various translations of its Enhanced Vouchers Fact Sheet. Click here to find this Fact Sheet in Cambodian, Chinese, French, Hmong, Japanese, Korean, Lao, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, Thai, and Vietnamese.
- Family Moves Notice (PIH 2016-09) (June 6, 2016)
- Family Self-sufficiency
- Family Unification Program (FUP) webpage
- FUP Questions and Answers-(QAS) provides answers to specific policy questions about FUP. (The QAs do not reflect the changes to FUP made by HOTMA. HUD will be publishing revised QAs.)
- Family Unification Program and Family Self Sufficiency Demonstration (January 15, 2016)
- HCV New Administrative Fee Formula Proposed Rule, Comments due October 4, 2016 - The Proposed Rule for the Housing Choice Voucher Program – New Administrative Fee Formula proposes a new methodology for determining the amount of funding PHAs will receive for administering the HCV program. The Proposed Rule is based largely on the recommendations of the HCV Program Administrative Fee Study, with modifications and feedback on the study provided in response to a June 26, 2015 notice that solicited comments on the study.
- HCV Program Projection Tools: The objective of the Two-Year Tool (TYT) is to analyze a PHA’s utilization situation, which includes running basic leasing and spending scenarios to better inform decisions going forward in an effort to optimize the program over a multi-year period. There are many variables that affect a PHA’s HCV program, some outside of a PHA’s control and some that can be impacted by policy and operations; variables including Congressional funding, cost per unit trends, the rate at which participants leave the program (i.e. the attrition rate), and the rate at which vouchers are successfully leased (including both overall success and time-to-success). As such, many of the steps in this guide require judgment, as determining the value of projection variables can be subjective. The objective of the Payment Standard Tool (PST) is to analyze a potential payment standard change on both program participants’ rent burdens and the PHA’s program costs.
- Two-Year Tool: After logging in through WASS at this link, a PHA can now launch the Two-Year Tool and have it be automatically populated with data (e.g. funding, leasing, spending). Until now, PHAs had to manually input data, or obtain a populated version from the local HUD field office. Please review the Two-Year Tool instructions, as depending on your version of Microsoft Office, some settings may need to be adjusted. Any issues, please contact your local field office.
- Payment Standard Tool: Again, after logging in through WASS, a PHA can now access the PST.
- Homeownership Vouchers
- Housing Choice Voucher Program - CY 2017 Administrative Fee Rates
- HUD-VASH Extraordinary Administrative Fees Simplified with Sample Budget Request Form (August 4, 2015)
- HUD-VASH PBV Awards - On November 14, 2016 HUD announced $18.5 million in awards for project-based HUD-VASH vouchers, funding over 2,000 hard rental units to be made available to homeless veteran families. This award will preserve affordable housing and ensure that persons who need services to live stably in their own homes receive them.
- HUD-VASH Vouchers
- Non-Elderly Disabled (NED) webpage
- PIH Mobility Convening - January 2016
- Project Based Vouchers
- Rental Housing Integrity Improvement Project (RHIIP)
- Section 8 Management Assessment - SEMAP
- Section 8 Student Rule Guidance
- Streamlining Rule, April 7, 2016, Notice PIH 2016-05
- Tenant Protection Vouchers
- A Good Place to Live
- Contacting your PHA
- Form HUD-50058
Data collected on Form HUD-50058 provides HUD with a picture of the people who participate in subsidized housing programs. PHAs collect and electronically submit information contained on the Form HUD-50058 to HUD through the PIH Information System (PIC).
- HCV's Archives Page
- Housing Locator
- Office of Multifamily Housing-Low Rent Apartment Search
- Publications and resources
(NEW) Letters to PHAs