ONAP CARES ACT
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act was passed by Congress with overwhelming, bipartisan support and signed into law by President Trump on March 27th, 2020. This over $2 trillion economic relief package delivers on the Trump Administration’s commitment to protecting the American people from the public health and economic impacts of COVID-19.
The CARES Act provides fast and direct economic assistance for American workers, families, and small businesses, and preserve jobs for our American industries.
CDC Eviction Moratorium
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) extended the Order banning evictions for certain renters until July 31, 2021. The CDC Order is a temporary eviction moratorium to protect public health and prevent further spread of COVID-19.
- Dear Tribal Leader Letter: Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Issues an Order extending the Eviction Moratorium to July 31, 2021 (June 29, 2021)
- Federal Register Notice: Temporary Halt in Residential Evictions to Prevent the Further Spread of COVID-19 (expires July 31, 2021)
- CDC Eviction Moratorium Order: (Expired October 3, 2021)
- HHS/CDC FAQs: (June 24, 2021)
- HUD PIH FAQs (May 26, 2021)
- Resident Declaration Form (form expires September 30, 2021)
- ONAP Tenant Flyer for CDC Order; (June 30, 2021)
Duplication of Benefits
Indian Housing Block Grant
Indian Community Development Block Grant
|DEAR TRIBAL LEADER LETTERS|
|PROGRAM NOTICE and GUIDANCE|
IHBG-CARES Abbreviated Indian Housing Plan (IHP) and Annual Performance Report (APR)
When clicking on PDF links sometimes the form attempts to open a browser before it can be saved. It is best to download and save the form before opening and completing the form.
On November 12, 2020, the Office of Native American Programs (ONAP) and the HUD CARES Act Compliance Response Team provided an overview of the reporting requirements under the CARES Act. The training highlighted the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act (FFATA) referenced in the CARES Act and provided an introduction on using the FFATA Sub-award Reporting System (FSRS) to comply with a portion of the CARES Act reporting requirements.
Guidance and Notices
- November 16, 2021: IHBG-CARES Webinar Series: Module 3 - Recording and Slides
- June 16, 2021: IHBG-CARES Webinar Series: Module 2 - Recording and Slides
- May 13, 2021: National Best Practice Webinar on IHBG-CARES- Muckleshoot Housing Authority and Salish and Kootenai Housing Authority- Recording and Slides
- April 1, 2021: IHBG-CARES Webinar Series: Module 1 - Recording and Slides
- August 27, 2020: National Best Practice Webinar on IHBG-CARES - Access Recording, Slides, and Omaha Nation Housing Authority Youth Video
- July 28, 2020: Supportive Services Call with TDHEs and PHAs- Access Recording and Slides
- July 16, 2020: ONAP Updates on Policy, Programs and Resources for Tribes and TDHEs- Access Recording and Slides
- May 20-21, 2020: ICDBG-CARES Implementation Training- Recording
- May 1, 2020: IHBG CARES Act Implementation Notice- Access Recording, Access Slides
- April 17, 2020: CARES Act Update Notice PIH 2020-05- Access Recording
- April 14, 2020: Dear Tribal Leader Letter-Waiver Authority and Call-in Information
- April 9, 2020: COVID-19 Information for TDHEs- Access Recording Access Slides
- April 3, 2020: COVID-19 Updates for TDHEs- Access Recording
ONAP now has Twitter! Be sure to follow us for news and updates by clicking the Twitter icon located on the right side of this page.
Questions? Contact the ONAP Web manager.