Post M2M is an extended component of the Mark-to-Market program under the Office of Recapitalization (Recap). The program addresses the processing of owner requests to refinance or to sell a property that has received the benefits of a debt restructuring under M2M or M2M Program’s predecessor program, the Portfolio Reengineering Demonstration Program (Demo Program). This also applies to applications for either debt assumption or forgiveness for a non-profit qualified by HUD for such benefits (QNP). These procedures require coordination between the Office of Recap and other staff within Multifamily Housing (typically Field Office staff).
This web page is intended to provide resources and tools on the PM2M program. All inquiries and requests related to Post Mark-to-Market (Assumption Subordination and Qualified Non Profit) transactions, should be submitted electronically to PostM2M@hud.gov.
Guidelines for Certain HUD Approvals Regarding Properties Encumbered by HUD-Held Markto-Market Program Debt and Portfolio Reengineering Demonstration Program Debt (Note: This Notice, published June 30, 2021, supercedes Notice H 2012-10 and Appendix C of the Mark-toMarket Operating Procedures Guide)
Draft M2M Waiver Request Applicant Checklist
M2M Waiver Request Application (Microsoft Excel: Use Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer to View/Open the File)
Multifamily Regional Office Review Guidance for Post Mark-to-Market Transactions without Remaining HUD Debt
- Qualified Non-Profit (QNP) and M2M Debt Relief (October 2022)
- What is Post M2M; Delegations for PM2M Transactions; PM2M Notice; and Section 8 Issues (October 2022)
- New Post Mark-to-Market Notice Updates & Asset Management Refresher (June 2021)
- Post Mark-to-Market OGC Office of Insured Housing (March 2021)021)
When in Doubt Reach Out
For questions on the Post M2M process email us.
Post M2M Resources
- M2M Restructured Projects Restructured with Exception Rents vs. Non-Exception Rents
- Post M2M Demo Accounting and Auditing Questions
- The Mark-to-Market Program