Before submitting a Single Family upfront mortgage insurance premium (MIP) payment, research can be performed to verify case information, determine the upfront MIP required for a case, and determine whether upfront MIP was paid.
The FHA Connection is used to perform the research.
- Use Origination Reports Request and Origination Reports Retrieval on the Origination Reports menu to get the MIP Not Paid by Mortgagee Report. This report provides a list of cases for which upfront MIP is required and has not been paid. Note that Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) cases may be included in the report. For further information, see the Origination Reports module of the FHA Connection Guide [PDF].
- Use Unendorsed Cases on the Upfront Premium Collection menu to get a list of cases that have not been endorsed for FHA insurance and for which upfront MIP was paid. Each case listed has a link to Case Master Summary to view case details. For further information, see the Upfront Premium Reports module of the FHA Connection Guide [PDF].
- Use MIP Calculator on the Case Processing menu to determine the upfront and annual MIP for loans assigned an FHA case number on or after July 14, 2008. See also Premium, Late, and Interest Charges.
- Use Case Query on the Case Processing menu to verify the following information in HUD's records for cases included in a payment:
- Upfront MIP due or received
- Lender making the payment is the originator, sponsor, or agent of the loan. (Use Case Transfer on the Case Processing menu if the loan was transferred.)
- Case type (i.e., purchase or refinance)
- Closing or disbursement date
For further information on Case Query, see the Case Processing Support Functions module of the FHA Connection Guide [PDF].