An adjustment is the removal of late and/or interest charges assessed on a late Single Family upfront mortgage insurance premium (MIP) payment.
An adjustment may be requested for one of the following reasons:
- Disaster conditions at mortgagee or HUD site
- Transmission problem at HUD site
- System problem at HUD site
Adjustments are processed by the Lender Assistance Section of HUD's Single Family Insurance Operations Division (SFIOD). To request an adjustment, send an email to LendersAdjustments@hud.gov and include the following in the request:
- Subject line of the e-mail message must include the lender ID and indicate the program type (Periodic or Upfront) Late/Interest Adjustment Request
- Lender Name and ID
- Federal Housing Administration (FHA) case numbers of affected cases
- Date the late payment was remitted
- Indication of whether adjustment is for late, interest, or both
- Reason for the adjustment
- Lender contact name, email, and telephone number
Upon request, you must submit documentation needed to support the late/interest adjustment.