For CPU to CPU transmissions, the batch processing method is used for submitting Single Family upfront mortgage insurance premium (MIP) payments directly to HUD for processing by the U.S. Department of the Treasury's automated collection service. There are five types of Upfront MIP batch file formats that can be used, depending on the transaction. They are:
- Payment of Upfront MIP for new purchase or conventional refinance cases
- Payment of Upfront MIP for FHA-to-FHA refinance cases
- Payment of only late and/or interest charges (penalties) for any case type
- Correction to new purchase or conventional refinance case information included with a payment
- Correction to FHA-to-FHA refinance case information included with a payment
Note: For an explanation of conventional and FHA-to-FHA refinance case types, see Refinance Cases.
These file formats were provided to HUD by Mellon Bank and should be the same as the formats that were used for transmissions to Mellon Bank. If you have any questions or comments, please contact HUD via email at SfpaygovUpfront@hud.gov.
For information on batch file naming conventions, see Upfront Mortgage Insurance Premium Batch Payment Processing Instructions for CPU to CPU Transmissions.