Questions and Answers
The FHA Connection can be used for:
- Making online monthly mortgage insurance premium payments. See Payment of Single Family Monthly (Periodic) Mortgage Insurance Premium.
- Tracking monthly premium payments made online or through CPU to CPU batch file transmissions. See Payment of Single Family Monthly (Periodic) Mortgage Insurance Premium.
- Requesting and getting monthly premium report files. See Monthly Premium Report Files.
- Getting the schedule for monthly premium report files delivered by HUD through the Alternate Report Retrieval process (secure file transfer process). See Monthly Premium Report Files.
- Access to HUD's Lender Electronic Assessment Portal (LEAP) for specifying the bank account (cash flow account) used by the U.S. Department of the Treasury's automated collection service for the payment of monthly mortgage insurance premiums (checking account debit), managing institution and branch profile information, and completing the entire annual recertification process. See Getting Started - Monthly (Periodic) Premium Payments.
The FHA Connection Welcome page includes links to detailed information about the website. The FHA Connection Registration Procedures [PDF] module of the FHA Connection Guide provides information on FHA Connection registration. (See also Mortgagee Letters 98-13 [DOC] and 97-14 [TXT].)
My FHA Connection user ID is not working. What should I do?
Contact the FHA Connection Administrator.
A service bureau must have the appropriate access rights to monthly premium functions on the FHA Connection. These rights are granted through a lender's FHA Connection Application Coordinator. After signing on to the FHA Connection, the Coordinator selects ID Maintenance on the menu bar near the top of the FHA Connection page. Then, Service Bureau Authorization is selected to maintain service bureau authorizations.
If the service bureau has not already been established in HUD's system, send an email request to HUD's Single Family Insurance Operations Division. The request must include:
- Mortgagee name, HUD mortgagee ID, and contact name with telephone number and email address
- Service bureau name, mailing address, and contact name with telephone number and email address
For further instructions on service bureau authorizations, see the Service Bureau Administration module of the FHA Connection Guide [PDF].