Real Estate Acquisition and Relocation

On this site you will find useful information and resources to implement HUD funded programs and projects in accordance with the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970 (URA) and other HUD requirements such as section 104(d) of the Housing and Community Development Act.

The URA provides important protections and assistance for people affected by the acquisition, rehabilitation, or demolition of real property for Federal or federally funded projects. This law was enacted by Congress to ensure that people whose real property is acquired, or who move as a direct result of projects receiving Federal funds, are treated fairly and equitably and receive assistance in moving from the property they occupy.

HUD works closely with the U.S. Department of Transportation - Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), the designated Federal Lead Agency for the URA. Additional information concerning the URA is also available on the FHWA web site.

I Want To Review
Highlighted Resources



Content current as of March 6, 2024.