The Office of Community Planning and Development (CPD) seeks to develop viable communities by promoting integrated approaches that provide decent housing, a suitable living environment, and expand economic opportunities for low and moderate income persons. The primary means towards this end is the development of partnerships among all levels of government and the private sector, including for-profit and non-profit organizations.
- Community building begins with job creation, employment, and creation of safe, decent and affordable housing.
- Planning and execution of community development initiatives must be bottom up and community driven.
- Complex problems require coordinated, comprehensive, and sustainable solutions.
- Government must be streamlined to be made more efficient and effective.
- Citizen participation in Federal, State and local government can be increased through communication and better access to information.
The following offices support the work of CPD through programs listed on the rrespective pages:
- Office of Technical Assistance and Management
- Office of Economic Development
- Office of Rural Housing and Economic Development
- Office of Community Renewal
- Office of HIV/AIDS Housing
- Office of Special Needs Assistance
- Programs Office of Affordable Housing Programs
- Office of Block Grant Assistance