Community Planning and Development
The Office of Community Planning and Development (CPD) seeks to develop viable communities by promoting integrated approaches that provide decent housing, a suitable living environment, and expand economic opportunities for low and moderate income persons. The primary means towards this end is the development of partnerships among all levels of government and the private sector, including for-profit and non-profit organizations.
Underlying principles in carrying out our mission:
- Community building begins with job creation, employment, and creation of safe, decent and affordable housing.
- Planning and execution of community development initiatives must be bottom up and community driven.
- Complex problems require coordinated, comprehensive, and sustainable solutions.
- Government must be streamlined to be made more efficient and effective.
- Citizen participation in Federal, State, and local government can be increased through communication and better access to information.
- FY20 CARES Act Supplemental Funding (May 22, 2020)
- Availability of Additional Waivers for Community Planning and Development (CPD) Grant Programs to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 and Mitigate Economic Impacts Caused by COVID-19 (May 22, 2020)
- Notice CPD-20-05: Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Implementation Instructions and Related Flexibilities for the Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS Program (May 8, 2020)
- Availability of a Waiver and Alternate Requirement for the Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (Performance Report) for CPD Grant Programs in Response to the Spread of Coronavirus (May 7, 2020)
- CARES Act Flexibilities for ESG and HOPWA Funds Used to Support Coronavirus Response and Plan Amendment Waiver & Instructions (May 4, 2020)
- Availability of Waivers of CPD Grant Program and Consolidated Plan Requirements to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 and Mitigate Economic Impacts Caused by COVID-19 (March 31, 2020)
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Programs
- Disease Risk and Homelessness
- Distressed Cities Technical Assistance Program Resources
- Environment and Energy
- HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME)
- Homeless Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG)
- Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA)
Content current as of May 26, 2020.