The Office of Hospital Facilities (OHF) administers FHA's Section 242 Mortgage Insurance for Hospitals program within the Office of Healthcare Programs. Section 242 of the National Housing Act provides mortgage insurance for acute care hospital facilities ranging from large teaching institutions to small rural critical access hospitals. OHF is headed by the Director of the Office of Hospital Facilities, and is comprised of two divisions which support underwriting and asset management of FHA-insured hospital loans. OHF staff members are primarily located at HUD Headquarters and New York City, with out-stationed staff in Jacksonville, Houston, Milwaukee, and New Orleans.
- 2019 Lender Training Materials - (July 2019)
- Updated Section 242 Documents (September 2016)
- Process for 242/223(f) Projects with Limited Rehabilitation and 242/223(a)7 Projects with Repairs
- Section 242 Pre-Screening Tool (for potential applicants)
- Have Questions? Send program questions and/or website comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us at (202) 708-0599
- Fax to (202) 401-8860