The Office of Hospital Facilities (OHF) administers FHA's Section 242 Mortgage Insurance for Hospitals program within the Office of Healthcare Programs. Section 242 of the National Housing Act provides mortgage insurance for acute care hospital facilities ranging from large teaching institutions to small rural critical access hospitals. OHF is headed by the Director of the Office of Hospital Facilities, and is comprised of two divisions which support underwriting and asset management of FHA-insured hospital loans. OHF staff members are located in HUD Headquarters and out-stationed in the following field offices: Birmingham, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Milwaukee, New Orleans, New York City, and Portland.
- Have Questions? Send program questions and/or website comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us at (202) 708-0599
- Fax to (202) 401-8860
- Policies, Guides, and Helpful Tools for Applicants
- List of Section 242 Lenders, Financial Feasibility Consultants, and Appraisers
- FHA Section 242 Commitments Issued Since FY2001