Home / What We Do / Rental Assistance
Rental Assistance
Rental Assistance


Learn more about renting and HUD rental assistance programs.


Need Help?

Privately owned subsidized housing - HUD helps apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants. Search for an apartment and apply directly at the management office

Public Housing - affordable apartments for low-income families, the elderly and persons with disabilities. To apply, contact a public housing agency.

Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8) - find your own place and use the voucher to pay for all or part of the rent. To apply, contact a public housing agency.

HUD Resource Locator - search for HUD field and regional offices, local PHAs, Multifamily and Public Housing locations, homeless coordinated entry system points of contacts, and USDA rural housing

Local Renting Information

Rental help in your state - find affordable rentals and special needs housing, get help with your utility bills, and more

Properties with Low Income HousingTax Credits (LIHTC)


Need Advice?

Contact a housing counseling agency or call toll-free (800) 569-4287.