Learn more about renting and HUD rental assistance programs.
- Privately owned subsidized housing - HUD helps apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants. Search for an apartment and apply directly at the management office.
- Public Housing - affordable apartments for low-income families, the elderly and persons with disabilities. To apply, contact a public housing agency.
- Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8) - find your own place and use the voucher to pay for all or part of the rent. To apply, contact a public housing agency.
- HUD Resource Locator - search for HUD field and regional offices, local PHAs, Multifamily and Public Housing locations, homeless coordinated entry system points of contacts, and USDA rural housing
Local Renting Information
Your Rights and Responsibilities
More About Renting
Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD)
- RAD - allows at-risk public and assisted housing to convert to more stable funding platforms.