Owning a home is a big part of the American Dream. Here are some resources that can help you buy, maintain and keep your home.
If you have questions about buying a home, qualifying for a loan, down payment assistance, HUD Homes, refinancing, liens, payoffs, 2nd mortgages, manufactured homes or other issues associated with an FHA-insured mortgages, contact the FHA Resource Center by calling (800) 225-5342 or emailing email@example.com.
You may search more specifically for a reverse mortgage counselor or if you are facing foreclosure, search for a foreclosure avoidance counselor.
- Housing counseling agencies - free or low-cost counseling services for buying, renting, defaults, foreclosures, credit issues and reverse mortgages
- Education - learn about buying and maintaining your home
- Predatory lending - beware if you're buying or refinancing your home; don't become a victim of unfair lending practices
How to Become an FHA-approved Lender
- Click here to obtain information on participating in FHA Single Family, Multifamily, and/or Healthcare loan programs
Buying a Home
- Assistance programs - Resources and programs to help you buy and maintain your home
- HUD homes for sale - Search for a HUD home to purchase at the HUD HomeStore
- Homes for sale - Several federal agencies have properties to sell
- Homeownership vouchers - Some public housing agencies can help you become a homeowner through the Housing Choice Voucher Homeownership Program. Contact your local public housing agency to find out if they are participating in the homeownership program.
Owning and Maintaining Your Home
Other Wisconsin Resources