Owning a home is a big part of the American Dream. Here are some resources that can help you buy, maintain and keep your home.
If you have questions about buying a home, qualifying for a loan, down payment assistance, HUD Homes, refinancing, liens, payoffs, 2nd mortgages, manufactured homes or other issues associated with an FHA-insured mortgages, contact the FHA Resource Center by calling (800) 225-5342 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may search more specifically for a reverse mortgage counselor or if you are facing foreclosure, search for a foreclosure avoidance counselor.
- Housing counseling agencies - free or low-cost counseling services for buying, renting, defaults, foreclosures, credit issues and reverse mortgages
- Education - learn about buying and maintaining your home
- Predatory lending - beware if you're buying or refinancing your home; don't become a victim of unfair lending practices
How to Become an FHA-approved Lender
- Click here to obtain information on participating in FHA Single Family, Multifamily, and/or Healthcare loan programs
Buying a Home
- Assistance programs - Resources and programs to help you buy and maintain your home
- HUD homes for sale - Search for a HUD home to purchase at the HUD HomeStore
- Homes for sale - Several federal agencies have properties to sell
- Homeownership vouchers - Some public housing agencies can help you become a homeowner through the Housing Choice Voucher Homeownership Program. Contact your local public housing agency to find out if they are participating in the homeownership program.
Owning and Maintaining Your Home
- Home repairs - money for home improvements and repairs
- Avoid foreclosure - don't lose your home
Other Wisconsin Resources
- Help with your utility bills
- Disaster relief and emergency assistance
- Health and environmental information - safeguard your home and family
- Rural housing programs
- Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing - regulatory agency for real estate brokers and appraisers
- State consumer protection - consumer education and advisories
- Veterans Affairs (VA) properties for sale
More From HUD
- How much home can I afford?
- Loan programs for veterans
- Is Homeownership right for you?
- Home Loans for Veterans
- USDA Rural Development Rural Home Loans
- U.S. Consumer Finance Protection Bureau - a U.S. government agency that makes sure banks, lenders, and other financial companies treat you fairly. For Homeowners and Renters
- Wisconsin Environmental Protection Agency