Home Repairs: Washington State
The programs and resources listed below help homeowners with home repairs and improvements.
- Washington State Housing Finance Commission (WSHFC) - finance the purchase or the refinance of a home in need of repair
- Habitat for Humanity - through volunteer labor, builds and rehabilitates houses for families in need
- Rebuilding Together, Inc. - assists low-income, elderly and disabled homeowners with home repairs
- Veterans Affairs Regional Loan Center - loans and grants to qualifying veterans to adapt an existing dwelling to meet specific needs
- USDA Rural Development Office - home improvement loans and grants to low-income homeowners in rural areas
- FHA Section 203(k) Acquisition & Rehabilitation Mortgage - A safe, sound and affordable way to buy an existing house and turn it into the home that meets your family’s needs and dreams.
- Community contacts - find out if your community offers home repair assistance
Programs by City/Town
Other Local Resources
- Attorney General's Office of Consumer Issues - file a complaint against a licensed contractor
- Find your local Better Business Bureau - check out contractors before starting home repairs