Finding Housing with Convictions: Utah
Having convictions on your record can make finding a place to live more difficult. If you can have convictions removed from your record it will make you housing search easier. Learn about or take steps to remove convictions from your record.
Expunge or Seal Your Record
If enough time has passed without more offenses, some states will allow you to seal or expunge your record. Information for expunging a record in Utah is listed here.
- Information for sealing or expunging a record
- The Utah Bureau of Criminal Investigation also has a lot of helpful information
- Forms for applying to expunge a record
Utah’s Clean Slate Law
Convictions you thought might be on your record may have already been expunged. For some convictions Utah will automatically expunge conviction records. This law was implemented in the summer of 2021.
- Read details of the clean slate law.
- Check your own record and find out if convictions have been expunged.
Need More Help finding housing? Contact us.
Call the Utah HUD Office at (801) 524-6070 or write to UT_webmanager@hud.gov.