Rental Help: Tennessee
HUD helps apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants. To apply, contact or visit the management office of each apartment building that interests you.
Public Housing and Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8) - To apply for either type of help, visit your local Public Housing Agency (PHA).
Other Tennessee Resources
- Tennessee Eviction Prevention Toolkit
- USDA Rural Housing Printable Housing Program Guide - Resources for Individuals and Families, Rentals, Home Repairs, Loans and Grants
- Local tenant rights, laws and protections
- Help with your utility bills
- USDA apartments located in the eastern half of Tennessee
USDA apartments located in the western half of Tennessee
- Independent living centers - for seniors and people with disabilities
- Tennessee Housing Development Agency (THDA) - resources for assisted rental housing
- Search for Federal Tax Credit rental housing
- Local Resources for Senior Citizens
- Find a Nursing Home through Medicare.gov
- TNHousingSearch.org - a database of available rental housing in TN