Need help buying a home? You may qualify for one of these programs.
- Habitat for Humanity
- HOME Program Contacts in Tennessee - contact the agency in your area for information on local homeownership assistance programs funded by HUD's HOME Investment Partnerships Program
- Housing Assistance Council
- NeighborWorks - lists member organizations in Tennessee that provide assistance to homebuyers and homeowners
- Other local homeownership assistance programs - additional programs serving specific local areas in Tennessee
- Southeast Tennessee Resource Conservation and Development Council - Grants for homeowners in select watersheds throughout Southeast Tennessee. 60% of septic system repair, including the permit, for qualifying homeowners in Bradley, Polk, Loudon, Monroe, Sequatchie, Bledsoe, Marion, Grundy, and Bledsoe Counties. (423) 762-0152.
- Tennessee Association of Community Action - contact your local Community Action Agency for assistance programs that may help you attain housing goals, obtain counseling, seek weatherization assistance and emergency funding
- Tennessee Housing Development Agency (THDA) - THDA maintains a list of trainers approved to teach homebuyers about a home. The information is provided by county.
- Homeownership Programs - THDA's Homeownership programs are designed for low- and moderate-income borrowers. Some programs include downpayment assistance.
- THDA Homeownership Voucher Program - THDA offers a Housing Voucher (Section 8) to Homeownership Program covering most counties in Tennessee. People who meet the guidelines may be able to use their Housing Vouchers to buy homes.