Rental Help: Pennsylvania
HUD helps apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants. To apply, contact or visit the management office of each apartment building that interests you.
Public Housing and Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8)
To apply for either type of help, visit your local Public Housing Agency (PHA).
- PHAs in Pennsylvania
- Links to PHA websites
- Questions? Email or call our Public and Indian Housing Information Resource Center toll-free at (800) 955-2232.
- Contact a housing counseling agency
- HUD Resource Locator - search for HUD offices, affordable housing, public housing agencies and homeless resources
Other Pennsylvania Resources
- Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency - find out if you qualify for state-funded rental assistance programs
- Pennsylvania's affordable apartment locator
- 2-1-1 Infoline - rental housing search and assistance with housing issues
- Find units for rent in rural Pennsylvania
- Independent living centers - for seniors and people with disabilities
- Search for federal tax credit rental housing
- Help with your utility bills
- Tenant rights, laws and protections
- Housing resources for seniors