Housing Resources for Seniors: Nevada
There are many resources to help seniors with housing needs, including programs to make it easier for you to stay in your home.
- Housing counseling agencies - counseling on buying, renting, defaults, foreclosures, credit issues and reverse mortgages
- Legal assistance
Other Nevada Resources
- AARP in Nevada
- Choosing senior housing and residential care
- Helping Hands of Vegas Valley - A non-profit organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life for senior citizens and their families in order to maintain their dignity and independence.
- Office of Healthcare Programs - Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities that take Medicaid and Medicare.
- Compare Nursing Home Quality - Resources to “compare” the nursing homes you’re considering.
- NursingHomeDatabase.com - Search for skilled nursing facilities. Find detailed information including rating, staffing, deficiencies, and ownership. Search for skilled nursing facilities by name, city, state, and zip code.
- Medicare.gov - Information on how to sign up for Medicare
- Nevada Hand - Silver Sky at Deer Springs and Silver Sky Assisted Living are Nevada Hand’s two all-inclusive assisted living communities for seniors (55+) who need a little extra support with activities of daily living.
- Nevada Division for Aging Services
- Social Services