The programs and resources listed below help homeowners with home repairs and improvements.
- HUD-approved housing counseling agencies
- HOME program contacts in Mississippi - HUD provides grant money to communities designated as participating jurisdictions and some communities use funds for home improvement assistance.
- Mississippi Development Authority
- Gulfport Urban Development - select Urban Development
- Hattiesburg Urban Development
- USDA Rural Development in Mississippi - go to Our Programs, then Single Family for information on loans and grants for very low-income rural residents for repairs to improve or modernize a home, or to remove health and safety hazards
- Predatory lending
- Attorney General's office of Consumer Protection
- Legal assistance