The Detroit Field Office is available to answer general questions about HUD programs administered within the state of Michigan. In order to provide you with the best customer service experience, please read through the items below before calling:
- If you are currently, or are in danger of becoming homeless, please dial 2-1-1 on your phone or contact your closest Housing Assessment Resource Agency for information on local housing resources available to you.
- If you are seeking a full or partial payoff amount, subordination request, or other specific information relating to an FHA loan please contact the National Servicing Center at 877-622-8525 or utilize the new SMART Integrated Portal for faster service.
- For general questions about FHA loans or programs contact the FHA Resource Center at 800-CALL-FHA (800-225-5342) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are you currently seeking affordable/assisted housing (commonly known as Section 8)? In addition to resources available through the Housing Assessment Resource Agency, please use the HUD Resource Locator or Get Rental Help sites to find nearby affordable housing, both are searchable down to the address level. The Detroit Field Office does not directly issue or control individual vouchers nor does it provide direct housing assistance payments on behalf of individuals in affordable housing. These items are managed by the local housing authority or the individual developments listed on the sites mentioned earlier.
- If you are a homeowner and are seeking homeowner rehabilitation assistance please review the resources available on our homeownership site.
- Public Housing: Public Housing Resource Center 800-955-2232, or by email at HUD-PIHRC@hud.gov
- Multifamily: Multifamily Resident Line: 800-685-8470
For questions about FHA loans or programs, contact our FHA Resource Center:
- Find the answer online
- Email us
- Call toll-free (800) CALL-FHA (800-225-5342)
- TTY: (800) 877-8339
For questions about HUD rental programs, including Housing Choice (Section 8) Vouchers, contact our Public and Indian Housing (PIH) Resource Center:
- Email us
- Call toll-free (800) 955-2232
Detroit Field Office
McNamara Federal Building
477 Michigan Avenue, Floors 16 & 17
Detroit, MI 48226
Phone: (313) 226-7900
Fax: (313) 226-5611
TTY: (313) 226-6899
Michael L. Polsinelli, Field Office Director
Contact the Director's Office
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to: 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Across the country, HUD is organized into ten regions, each with an administrator. Region V is under the leadership of Diane Shelley, Regional Administrator.
Region V jurisdiction: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin
Contact the Regional Administrator's Office