Rental Help: Massachusetts
HUD helps apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants. To apply, contact or visit the management office of each apartment building that interests you.
Public Housing and Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8)
To apply for either type of help, visit your local Public Housing Agency (PHA).
- PHAs in Massachusetts
- Links to PHA websites
- Questions? Email or call our Public and Indian Housing Information Resource Center toll-free at (800) 955-2232.
- Contact a housing counseling agency
- HUD Resource Locator - search for HUD offices, affordable housing, public housing agencies and homeless resources
Other Massachusetts Resources
- Housing Resource & Rental Assistance Guide (Guía de Recursos de Vivienda y Asistencia para Massachusetts)
- Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development - find out where to apply for rental assistance
- MassAccess - find accessible, affordable and market rate rental housing
- Rental Housing Resource Center - provides assistance to Boston landlords and tenants who have rental housing issues
- Find units for rent in rural Massachusetts
- Independent living centers - for seniors and people with disabilities
- Search for federal tax credit rental housing
- Help with your utility bills
- Tenant rights, laws and protections
- Housing resources for seniors