Predatory Lending: Massachusetts
Predatory lending is a term used to describe a wide range of unfair financial practices. Here are some resources that can help you avoid being a victim.
- Housing counseling agencies - counseling on buying, renting, defaults, foreclosures, credit issues and reverse mortgages
- HUD's "Protect Yourself from Predatory Lenders" brochure
- Massachusetts Division of Banks Consumer Assistance & Public Information Unit
- Massachusetts Office of Consumer Affairs & Business Regulation
- Legal assistance
- Attorney General's Office of Consumer Protection