Housing Resources for Seniors: Maine
There are many resources to help seniors with housing needs, including programs to make it easier for you to stay in your home.
- Housing counseling agencies - counseling on buying, renting, defaults, foreclosures, credit issues and reverse mortgages
- Department of Health and Human Services - programs and services for seniors
- SeniorsPlus - make an informed decision about living independently and safely in your home
- Southern Maine Agency on Aging - social, financial and home care programs and services in York and Cumberland Counties
- Eastern Area Agency on Aging - social, financial and home care programs and services in Penobscot, Piscataquis, Hancock and Washington Counties
- Aroostock Area Agency on Aging - social, financial and home care programs and services in Aroostock County
- AARP in Maine
- 2-1-1 Infoline - property tax credits, housing options, financial and legal assistance for seniors
- Maine Revenue Services - property tax relief programs for seniors
- I can't pay the taxes on my house: What can I do?
- Discounted utility rates - for low-income seniors
- Legal assistance