Home Repairs: Louisiana
The programs and resources listed below help homeowners with home repairs and improvements.
- Restore LA - provides grant funding to homeowner’s affected by Hurricanes Laura, Delta, Ida, or the May 2021 Severe Storms. This federal program helps homeowners complete home repairs, reconstruct their homes, assist with furniture replacement, and/or be reimbursed for repairs already completed. To find out more information, you should contact their office at 866-735-2001, email firstname.lastname@example.org, and see other resources at Restore Louisiana | Program Resources (la.gov).
- The Disaster Preparedness Ministry of the Louisiana Conference of The United Methodist Church - focus on those who were uninsured/underinsured and have no financial resources to complete the repairs to their home, or replace their furniture. They assist with finding resources and assistance for basic needs such as temporary housing, food, clothing, etc.
- SBP - rebuilds homes for low- to moderate-income homeowners, placing a special focus on families with small children, the elderly, disabled persons, war veterans, and the under and uninsured homeowners. For more information, you should contact their office at 504-390-0963, email email@example.com, or visit their website at Disaster Resilience, Recovery & Relief Resource | SBPUSA.ORG.
- Louisiana Housing Corporation - home improvement and energy conservation loans
- Habitat for Humanity - through volunteer labor, builds and rehabilitates houses for families in need
- Habitat for Humanity ReStores - discounted used and surplus building materials
- Veterans Affairs Regional Loan Center - loans and grants to qualifying veterans to adapt existing dwelling to meet specific needs
- USDA Rural Development Office - home improvement loans and grants to low-income homeowners in rural areas
- Make your home more energy efficient
Programs by City/Town
Programs by Parish
Other Local Resources
- Office of Consumer Protection - file a complaint against a licensed contractor
- Find your local Better Business Bureau - check out Louisiana contractors before starting home repairs