Rental Help: Kansas
HUD helps apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants. To apply, contact or visit the management office of each apartment building that interests you.
Public Housing and Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8)
To apply for either type of help, visit your local Public Housing Agency (PHA).
Some PHAs have long waiting lists, so you may want to apply at more than one PHA. Your PHA can also give you a list of locations at which your voucher can be used.
For questions about HUD rental programs, including Housing Choice (Section 8) Vouchers, contact our Public and Indian Housing (PIH) Information Resource Center:
- Email us
- Call toll-free (800) 955-2232
- Contact a housing counseling agency
- HUD Resource Locator- search for HUD offices, public housing agencies, multifamily and public housing locations and homeless coordinated entry system points of contacts
Other Kansas Resources
- Assisted rental housing in Kansas - list of low cost rental housing, by county, by the Kansas Housing Resources Corporation
- Find units for rent in rural Kansas
- Help with your utility bills
- Housing resources for seniors
- Independent living centers - for seniors and people with disabilities
- Kansas Housing Resources Corporation - ask your state housing agency if you qualify for one of their programs
- Local tenant rights, laws and protections
- Search for Federal Tax Credit rental housing