Help With Your Utility Bills: Iowa
If you need help paying your utility bills, contact one of these organizations.
- Iowa Weatherization Assistance Program - federal grant program established to help reduce the heating and cooling costs for low-income persons through improving the energy efficiency of their homes
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) - program funded by the Department of Health and Human Services through the Iowa Department of Human Rights/DCAA, and established to help qualified low-income Iowa homeowners and renters to pay for a portion of their primary heating costs.
- Operation "Round Up" - program by several local power companies provides energy assistance funds to local nonprofit organizations and individuals in need:
- "Black Hills Cares" - program by Aquila, Inc. provides funds for utility bills or repairs to vital heating or cooling equipment
- "I CARE" - program by Mid-American Energy Company assists needy individuals with their heating bills
- Make your home more energy efficient