Homeless Information: Illinois
On this page
Get Help Now
If you are at risk of or experiencing homelessness:
City of Chicago
Suburban Cook County
- Illinois Domestic Violence Hotline - Call (877) 863-6338
- National Call Center for Homeless Veterans - Call (877) 424-3838
- SAMSHA National Helpline - Call (800) 662-4357 for referral and information for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders.
- Disaster Distress Helpline - Call (800) 985-5990
- Housing instability can be profoundly distressing. If you are struggling, in crisis, or need help for yourself or someone else, please call or text 988 or visit 988lifeline.org to connected with a trained listener.
Search for Other Services
- Veterans Experiencing Homelessness - Contact the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at (877-424-3838) or visit your closest VA medical center for assistance
- Find Shelter - Search for shelters, food pantries, health clinics, and clothing
- FindHelp.org - Search and connect to support. Financial assistance, food pantries, medical care, and other free or reduced-cost help.
- United Way
- Find Your Local Food Bank (Feeding America)
- Illinois Department of Human Services - Apply for food assistance (SNAP), healthcare (Medicaid), cash assistance (TANF), and more. Or call (800) 843-6154.
- Social Security offices
- Jobs and job training
Are you at risk of losing your home?
More From HUD