Rental Help: Idaho
HUD helps apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants. To apply, contact or visit the management office of each apartment building that interests you.
Public Housing and Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8)
To apply for either type of help, visit your local Public Housing Agency (PHA).
- Questions? Email us
or call (800) 955-2232
Some PHAs have long waiting lists, so you may want to apply at more than one PHA. Your PHA can also give you a list of locations at which your voucher can be used.
Other Idaho Resources
- Local tenant rights, laws and protections
- housingidaho.com - find or list rental properties
- Help with your utility bills
- Independent living centers - for seniors and people with disabilities
- Emergency rental assistance - need one-time help paying your rent?
- More low cost and subsidized rentals