Local Tenant Rights, Laws, and Protections: Georgia
Know your responsibilities as a tenant. Read your lease agreement carefully!
- Landlord-Tenant Issues and Handbook: Assistance for Renters and Landlords
- Georgia Landlord/Tenant Handbook - questions frequently asked by tenants and landlords by the State of Georgia Department of Community Affairs
- Landlord/Tenant information
- Protection for tenants affected by foreclosure | toolkit
- Georgia Landlord Tenant Handbook from Georgia Legalaid
- Legal assistance
- Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation
HUD handles complaints about housing discrimination, bad landlords in federal housing and many other issues. For additional local resources, you can also contact a housing counseling agency.