Predatory Lending: Georgia
Predatory lending is a term used to describe a wide range of unfair financial practices. Here are some resources that can help you avoid being a victim.
- Housing counseling
- Georgia Department of Banking and Finance
- Georgia Fair Lending Act (GAFLA) and GAFLA Resources
- Georgia Real Estate Commission and Appraisers Board - administers state license laws for real estate brokers, salespersons, community association managers and appraisers.
- You Can Prevent Mortgage Fraud - DOs and DON'Ts - from the Georgia Real Estate Fraud Prevention and Awareness Coalition
- PreventLoanScam.org - information and resources in Georgia
- Legal assistance
- Fair housing
- Housing discrimination complaints
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Dev. Fair Housing Hub for Georgia
- The Georgia Commission on Equal Opportunity, Fair Housing Division (GCEO), enforces the Georgia Fair Housing Law, which makes discrimination in mortgage lending unlawful, based on race, color, national origin, religion, disability, or familial status.
Georgia Commission on Equal Opportunity
Fair Housing Division
Suite 710 - International Tower
229 Peachtree Street, NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30303-1605
(404) 656-1736 (in Atlanta)
(800) 493-OPEN (within Georgia)
GCEO home page