Rental Help: District of Columbia
HUD helps apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants. To apply, contact or visit the management office of each apartment building that interests you.
Public Housing and Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8)
To apply for either type of help, visit your local Public Housing Agency (PHA).
- PHAs in the District of Columbia
- PHAs in Maryland
- PHAs in Virginia
- District of Columbia Housing Authority
- Questions? Email or call our Public and Indian Housing Information Resource Center toll-free at (800) 955-2232.
- Contact a housing counseling agency
- HUD Resource Locator - search for HUD offices, affordable housing, public housing agencies and homeless resources
Other District of Columbia Resources
- District of Columbia Housing Finance Agency - find out if you qualify for state-funded rental assistance programs
- Independent living centers - for seniors and people with disabilities
- Search for federal tax credit rental housing
- Help with your utility bills
- Tenant rights, laws and protections
- Housing resources for seniors