Rental Help: Connecticut
HUD helps apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants. To apply, contact or visit the management office of each apartment building that interests you.
Public Housing and Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8)
To apply for either type of help, visit your local Public Housing Agency (PHA).
- PHAs in Connecticut
- Links to PHA websites
- Questions? Email or call our Public and Indian Housing Information Resource Center toll-free at (800) 955-2232.
- Contact a housing counseling agency
- HUD Resource Locator - search for HUD offices, affordable housing, public housing agencies and homeless resources
Other Connecticut Resources
- Listing of HUD-Associated Rental Housing in CT - download an electronic version or complete the attached form to have a copy mailed to you
- Connecticut Department of Housing - find out if you qualify for state-funded rental assistance programs
- Rental Assistance Program (RAP) - provides security deposit assistance to eligible households
- Connecticut Housing Choice Voucher Program - locate open waiting lists throughout Connecticut
- HUD-Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing Program (HUD-VASH) - combines Housing Choice Voucher rental assistance for homeless veterans with VA case management services
- 2-1-1 Infoline - rental housing search and assistance with housing issues
- CT Housing Search - find accessible, affordable and market rate rental housing
- Connecticut Fair Housing Center - Greater Hartford Renters' Guide can help you through your next move
- Find units for rent in rural Connecticut
- Independent living centers - for seniors and people with disabilities
- Search for federal tax credit rental housing
- Help with your utility bills
- Tenant rights, laws and protections
- Housing resources for seniors