Predatory Lending: Connecticut
Predatory lending is a term used to describe a wide range of unfair financial practices. Here are some resources that can help you avoid being a victim.
- Housing counseling agencies - counseling on buying, renting, defaults, foreclosures, credit issues and reverse mortgages
- HUD's "Protect Yourself from Predatory Lenders" brochure
- Connecticut Department of Banking Consumer Credit Division
- Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection
- Legal Assistance English and Spanish
- Attorney General's mortgage assistance scams