Rental Help: Arizona
Affordable Rental Housing Resources Brochure
HUD helps apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants. To apply, contact or visit the management office of each apartment building that interests you.
Public Housing and Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8)
To apply for either type of help, visit your local Public Housing Agency (PHA).
Some PHAs have long waiting lists, so you may want to apply at more than one PHA. Your PHA can also give you a list of locations at which your voucher can be used.
For questions about HUD rental programs, including Housing Choice (Section 8) Vouchers, contact our Public and Indian Housing (PIH) Resource Center:
- Email us
- Call toll-free (800) 955-2232
- Contact a housing counseling agency
- Preventing Eviction in Arizona
- HUD Resource Locator - search for HUD offices, public housing agencies, multifamily and public housing locations and homeless coordinated entry system points of contacts
- My Social Security - housing applicants can get benefit verification letters, check benefit and payment information, update your address and phone number and more.
Other Arizona Resources
- Arizona Department of Housing - ask about affordable rental housing programs
- Find units for rent in rural Arizona
- Independent Living Centers - for seniors and people with disabilities
- Help with your utility bills
- Housing resources for seniors
- Local tenant rights, laws and protections
- Pima County Housing Search
- Public Housing Waiting Lists
- Search for Federal Tax Credit rental housing
- SocialServe.com - a multi-agency website for finding affordable housing online