Housing Opportunities Through Modernization Act (HOTMA) Updates for Public Housing
- Housing Opportunity Through Modernization Act of 2016: Re-Opening Public Comment Period on Subject of Over Income Families
- Notice: PIH: 2019-11 - Final Implementation of Public Housing Over-Income Limit under the Housing Opportunity Through Modernization Act of 2016 (HOTMA)
- Solicitation of Comments on Implementation of Public Housing Income Limit - Published July 29, 2016 (FR–5976–N–02)
- Final Implementation of Public Housing Income Limit - Published July 26, 2018 (FR-5976-N-07)
- HUD’s Income Limits (Updated Annually)
- Final Recording of the Training on the Public Housing Over Income Limit (YouTube)
- Proposed HOTMA Income Rule - Published September 17, 2019 (84 FR 48820) - Public Comments was Due: November 18, 2019
- Final Rule Implementation HOTMA Sections 102. 103, and 104. The rule was officially published in the Federal Register on February 14, 2023 (88 FR 9600). PHAs have until January 1, 2024, to implement the broader income and asset changes in Sections 102 and 104. For PHAs that administer the Public Housing program, the rule includes new Public Housing over-income provisions in Section 103 that become effective March 16, 2023. If implementation of these provisions requires a significant amendment, PHAs are required to complete all relevant PHA Plan changes. PHAs have until June 14, 2023 to implement fully all over-income requirements in the rule.
- CY23 Per Unit Subsidy by AMP – Last Updated March 10, 2023. PHAs will use this report to help establish the alternative rents for the stated calendar year for Non-Public Housing Over-Income (NPHOI) Families.
**Updated information for HOTMA 102 and 104 Coming Soon!**