Fiscal Year 2021 Section 4 Capacity Building for Community Development and Affordable Housing
Through funding of national intermediaries, the Section 4 Capacity Building for Community Development and Affordable Housing program (Section 4) enhances the capacity and ability of Community Development Corporations (CDCs) and Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs) to carry out affordable housing and community development activities that benefit low- and moderate-income families and persons. For FY 2021 there is $41,000,000 available to carry out eligible activities related to community development and affordable housing projects and programs for the Section 4, of which at least $5,000,000 shall be made available for rural capacity building activities.
Eligible Activities and Priorities. Funds may only be used to conduct the following activities:
1. Training, education, support, and advice to enhance the technical and administrative capabilities of CDCs and CHDOs. This may include building the capacity of CDCs and CHDOs to:
- Participate in consolidated planning, fair housing planning and Continuum of Care homeless assistance efforts that help ensure community-wide participation in assessing area needs;
- Navigate the increased housing and community development resources provided by the Federal Government and assist in directing Federal investments to underserved communities;
- Consult broadly within the community;
- Cooperatively plan for the use of available resources in a comprehensive and holistic manner; and
- Assist in evaluating performance under these community planning and coordination efforts and in linking plans with neighboring communities to foster regional planning.
2. Pass-through grants, loans, predevelopment assistance, or other financial assistance to CDCs and CHDOs to increase their capacity to carry out community development and affordable housing activities that benefit low-income or low- and moderate-income families and persons.
3. Such other activities as may be determined by the grantees in consultation with the Secretary or his or her designee.
This NOFO offers Promise Zone preference points.
Program Office: Community Planning and Development
Funding Opportunity Title: 2021 Section 4 Capacity Building for Community Development and Affordable Housing
FAIN (FR) Number: FR-6500-N-07
Assistance Listing Number: 14.252
OMB Approval Number: Less than 10 applicants
Preference Points: Promise Zones
Opening Date: 4/5/2022
Deadline Date: 6/6/2022
Contact Information: Name: Adrienne Hawkins Phone: 202-402-7062 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Persons with hearing or speech impairments may access this number via TTY by calling the tollfree Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339. Please note that HUD staff cannot assist applicants in preparing their applications.