FY 2021 and 2022 Rural Capacity Building for Community Development and Affordable Housing Grants (RCB)
Program Description: The Rural Capacity Building program enhances the capacity and ability of rural housing development organizations, Community Development Corporations (CDCs), Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs), rural local governments, and Indian tribes (eligible beneficiaries) to carry out affordable housing and community development activities in rural areas for the benefit of low- and moderate-income families and persons. The Rural Capacity Building program achieves this by funding National Organizations with expertise in rural housing and rural community development who work directly to build the capacity of eligible beneficiaries.
Eligible Program Activities: RCB program funds are limited to activities that strengthen the organizational infrastructure, management, and governance capabilities of eligible beneficiaries serving rural areas to effectively increase the capacity of the eligible beneficiaries to carry out community development and affordable housing activities that benefit low-income or low- and moderate-income families and persons in rural areas.
- Training, education, and support. This may include, but is not limited to, building the capacity of eligible beneficiaries to:
- Conduct organizational assessments;
- Engage in strategic planning and Board development;
- Access and implement technological improvements;
- Engage with rural community stakeholders;
- Evaluate performance of current and planned rural community efforts;
- Plan for the use of available rural resources in a comprehensive and holistic manner;
- Participate in HUD planning efforts to ensure rural participation and the assessment of rural area needs; and
- Foster regional planning efforts by connecting local, rural community plans with neighboring communities.
- Financial assistance.
- Such other activities as may be determined by the grantees in consultation with the Secretary or his or her designee.
Deadline: The deadline for submitting applications to HUD for the FY 2021 and 2022 Rural Capacity Building for Community Development and Affordable Housing Grants is 11:59 PM EST on October 11, 2022. Applications must be submitted via www.Grants.gov.
Preference Points: This NOFO offers preference points for Promise Zones, Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU), and Environmental Justice.
Program Office: Community Planning and Development
Funding Opportunity Title: FY 2021 and 2022 Rural Capacity Building for Community Development and Affordable Housing Grants
Assistance Listing Number: 14.265
FAIN (FR) Number: FR-6600-N-08
OMB Approval Numbers: 2506-0195
Estimated Opening Date: 8/10/2022
Estimated Deadline Date: 10/11/2022
Questions regarding specific program requirements for this NOFO should be directed to CapacityBuilding@hud.gov. Individuals who are hearing- or speech-impaired should use the Information Relay Services at 1-800-877-8339 (these are toll-free numbers).