FY 2019 Healthy Homes Production Grant Program for Tribal Housing
The Healthy Homes Production (HHP) Program is part of HUDÔÇÖs overall Healthy Homes Initiative launched in 1999. The program takes a comprehensive approach to addressing multiple childhood diseases and injuries in the home by focusing on housing-related hazards in a coordinated fashion, rather than addressing a single hazard at a time. The program builds upon HUDÔÇÖs experience with Lead Hazard Control programs to expand the DepartmentÔÇÖs efforts to address a variety of high-priority environmental health and safety hazards.
The objectives awardees are expected to accomplish include, but are not limited to:
- Maximize both the number of vulnerable residents (such as, specifically children and elderly residents) protected from housing-related environmental health and safety hazards and the number of housing units where these hazards are controlled;
- Identify and remediate priority housing-related health and safety hazards in privately owned, low-income rental and/or owner-occupied housing, especially in units and/or buildings where families with children, elderly families, or families with persons with disabilities reside;
- Promote cost-effective and efficient healthy home methods and approaches that can be replicated and sustained;
- Support public education and outreach that furthers the goal of protecting children and other vulnerable populations from housing-related health and safety hazards; and
- Build local capacity to operate sustainable programs that will prevent and control housing-related environmental health and safety hazards in low- and very low-income residences and develop a professional workforce that is trained in healthy homes assessment and remediation principles.
The estimated total funding for this award is $12,000,000, and HUD expects to make approximately 12 awards from the funds available. The minimum award amount is $500,000 per project period, and the maximum award amount is $1,000,000 per project period.
Funding Opportunity Number: FR-6200-N-44
Opportunity Title: Healthy Homes Production Grant Program for Tribal Housing
Competition ID: FR-6200-N-44
CFDA No: 14.913
OMB Approval Numbers: 2539-0015
Opening Date: 06/25/2019
Deadline Date: 08/09/2019