Fiscal Year 2019 Continuum of Care (CoC) Program Competition
The FY 2019 Continuum of Care (CoC) Program (24 CFR part 578) is designed to promote a community-wide commitment to the goal of ending homelessness; to provide funding for efforts by nonprofit providers, states, and local governments to quickly rehouse homeless individuals, families, persons fleeing domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking, and youth while minimizing the trauma and dislocation caused by homelessness; to promote access to and effective utilization of mainstream programs by homeless individuals and families; and to optimize self-sufficiency among those experiencing homelessness.
FY 2019 CoC Program Competition NOFA. CoCs and applicants should read this NOFA in its entirety in conjunction with the Rule to ensure a comprehensive understanding of and compliance with all CoC Program requirements. This NOFA frequently references citations from the Rule.
1. CoCs should consider the policy priorities established in this NOFA in conjunction with local priorities to determine the ranking of new and renewal project application requests. See Section II of this NOFA for more information on HUD's homelessness policy priorities and program highlights.
2. HUD will conduct a threshold review of ranked projects for all CoCs that submit the CoC Consolidated Application by the application deadline.
3. HUD may issue up to two conditional funding announcements, except that in the case of CoCs that have been affected by a disaster and for which HUD has extended the deadline for application submission, HUD may issue additional announcements.
4. HUD will score the FY 2019 CoC Application portion of the Consolidated Application in accordance with the criteria set forth in Section VII.B of this NOFA.
5. HUD will select new and renewal project applications in Tier 1 in accordance with the criteria set forth in Section II.B.10.a of this NOFA.
6. The project application score(s), which will incorporate the CoC Application score, will determine which projects in Tier 2 will be conditionally selected for award as set forth in Section II.B.10.b of this NOFA.
Approximately $2.3 billion is available in this FY 2019 CoC Program Competition CoC, including up to $50 million available for Domestic Violence (DV) Bonus projects, described in Section III.C.3.h of this NOFA. HUD may add to the total amount with available funds that have been carried over or recaptured from previous fiscal years. All requirements in the FY 2019 application process, including requirements for the entire CoC Consolidated Application and the total amount of funds available, are included in this NOFA. HUD will continue to require Collaborative Applicants to rank all projects, except CoC planning and Unified Funding Agency (UFA) Costs in two tiers as described in Sections II.B.10.a and b of this NOFA.
Funding Opportunity Number: FR-6300-N-25
Opportunity Title: Continuum of Care
Competition ID: CoC
CFDA No.: 14.267
OMB Approval Numbers: 2506-0112
Opening Date: July 3, 2019
Deadline Date: September 30, 2019