HUD’s Fiscal Year 2018 and 2019 HOPE VI Main Street Grant Program NOFA
The HOPE VI Main Street Program provides grants to small communities to assist in the renovation of an historic or traditional central business district or “Main Street” area by replacing unused, obsolete, commercial space in buildings with affordable housing units. The obsolete building space property may be publicly or privately owned. Note, however, that the local government whose jurisdiction includes the Main Street area is the only entity that is eligible to receive an award. Applications submitted by other entities, e.g., the private property owner, are not eligible for award.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Redevelop central business districts (Main Street areas);
- Preserve Historic or traditional Main Street area properties by replacing unused commercial space in buildings with affordable housing units;
- Enhance economic development efforts in Main Street areas; and
- Provide affordable housing in Main Street areas.
Funding of up to $1,000,000 is available through this NOFA. Additional funds may become available for award under this NOFA as a result of HUD's efforts to recapture unused funds, use carryover funds, or because of the availability of additional appropriated funds. Use of these funds is subject to statutory constraints. All awards are subject to the applicable funding restrictions contained in this NOFA.
- Funding for this NOFA is provided by the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2018 (Public.Law.115-141, Div.I., Title II, approved March 23, 2018).
- Funding for this NOFA is provided by the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2019 (Public Law 116-6, Division G, approved February 15, 2019).
Funding Opportunity Number: FR-6200-N-03
Opportunity Title: FY18 & FY19 HOPE VI Main Street Grant Program
Competition ID: FR-6200-N-03
CFDA No: 14.878
OMB Approval Numbers: 2577-0208
Opening Date: May 14, 2019
Deadline Date: July 30, 2019
Agency Contact: HUD staff will be available to provide clarification on the content of this NOFA. Questions regarding specific program requirements for this NOFA should be directed to Sue.Wison@hud.gov.
Persons with hearing or speech impairments may access this number via TTY by calling the toll-free Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339. Please note that HUD staff cannot assist applicants in preparing their applications.