The US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is currently developing an upgrade to the Public and Indian Housing Information Center (PIC). The upgrade is needed because the current PIC system is outdated, unstable, and is need of myriad costly repairs and improvements.
This system is being designed to reduce administrative burden on housing authorities in the collection of HUD form 50058 tenant data, Public Housing building and unit inventory data, and Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) information.
The system will be cloud based which should result in fewer system outages. There will be a streamlined design with emphasis on business intelligence reports. The HA users would transmit data through their own software interfaces. The new system is currently under development.
Monthly Update Call Materials
- August 2022 Update Call Slides (Added 09/26/22)
- March 2022 Update Call Slides (Added 04/01/22)
- February 2022 Update Call Slides (Added 02/24/22)
- January 2022 Update Call Slides (Added 01/31/22)
- December 2021 Update Call Slides (Added 01/31/22)
- May 2021 Update Call Slides (Added 05/26/21)
- April 2021 Update Call Slides (Added 04/28/21)
Questions or Comments?
Please email PIH_HIP@hud.gov
Last updated September 26, 2022