IMS/PIC Coach Roles
- Champions IMS-PIC at all levels of field office staff.
- Encourages communication between staff so that everyone is aware of how the system operates and of situations that exist.
- Coordinates and participates in discussions (e.g. meetings with PHA staff, internal PIC coach conference calls, etc.).
- Informing field office and PHA staff of noteworthy items relating to IMS-PIC.
- Responds to inquiries from PHA and HUD staff in a timely manner.
- Researches and analyzes issues brought forth for further clarification.
- Provides guidance and technical assistance to PHA and HUD staff for IMS-PIC tasks.
- Networks with the other IMS-PIC Coaches to gain further knowledge in order to continue to assistance PHA and HUD staff.
- Provide information regarding possible system-wide issues.
- Provides feedback to IMS-PIC headquarters staff regarding functionality of the system.
- Monitors IMS-PIC to ensure deadlines are being met and that information is entered in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develops an IMS-PIC training plan for the specific local HUD field office including the PHAs serviced by that office.
- Assesses the success of the PIC training efforts and identifying training needs.
The most effective IMS-PIC Coaches:
- Have a willingness to perform the above tasks.
- Have functional and programmatic competency.
- Have the time and resources to perform the tasks.
- Are likely and willing to remain as an IMS-PIC coach for at least one year.
- Are seen as leaders and persons who exert a positive influence.
- Are enthusiastic.
- Are communicators.
- Are organized.
- Are team players.