Erroneously Configured Buildings
Part of this is done by the PHA, part is done by the field office and part is done by the HUD Superuser. Note that if a development is in management status that the super user will be the one that will add the missing building entrances since this cannot be done by a HA or HUD user.
When a row/townhouse or semi-detached (duplex) is configured with more than one unit per entrance, it is incorrectly configured. In rare cases, a Multifamily/Walkup structure may also need more than one entrance and may need to be reconfigured if it was not originally entered correctly (e.g. if all units were entered on one entrance). To resolve an incorrectly configured building:
- The PHA determines if all of the building entrances that are needed to correctly configure the building are in IMS/PIC. For example, if the building has 4 entrances, do you see entrances 1, 2, 3, and 4 under the Building tab for that development? If all entrances are present, go to #2. If not, complete the Missing Building Entrances spreadsheet template. Do not change the formatting of the template and ensure that fields with numeric values do not contain spaces.
- The PHA completes the Reassign Unit spreadsheet template to indicate the building and building entrance number combination the unit number should be assigned to. Only include units that need to be reassigned. Do not change the formatting of the template and ensure that the only field that contains spaces is Comments. If you use the Excel download of the Unit Detail Report to help populate the template, spaces are included to retain preceding zeros.
- The user will submit the following to the local field office PIC Coach by email.
- A statement describing why the changes are needed and any additional information that will help clarify any unique situations
- If needed, the Missing Building Entrances spreadsheet template
- The Reassign Unit spreadsheet template
- The local field office reviews the template(s) and concurs with the changes. They will forward the request to a system super user. If there are questions, the field office will ask the PHA for clarification.
- The system super user will add the missing building entrances according to what is listed in the template, if needed, and reassign the units to those entrances as stated in the Reassign Unit spreadsheet template.
- The PHA will be notified by their local field office PIC Coach when this has been completed.
|HA Code||Development Number||Current Building Number||Current Building Entrance Number||Current Unit Number||New Building Number||New Building Entrance Number||Comments|