PASS Archived Documents
Archived Federal Register Notices, Rules and Regulations
- Guidance on Inspector Notice 2005-01
- Inspector Notice 2003-02 - copy – Clarification on Fire Extinguishers, call-For-Aid, and Electrical Box (dated January 31, 2003)
- Public Housing Assessment System (PHAS)
Notice adopting Interim Scoring Methodologies for PHAS Physical Condition and Financial Condition indicators (3/15/02)
- Deregulation for Small Public Housing Agencies; Final Rule, 24 CFR Parts 902, 903 and 985 (6/24/03)
- Public Housing Assessment System Physical Condition Scoring Process; Notice (6/28/2000)
- Public Housing Assessment System; Final Rule (1/11/2000)
- Public Housing Assessment System Physical Condition Scoring Process Interim Scoring, Correction and Republication (11/26/2001)
- Uniform Physical Condition Standards and Physical Inspection Requirements for Certain HUD Housing; Administrative Process for Assessment of Insured and Assisted Properties (12/8/2000)
- PHAS Physical Condition Process Notice (6/23/1999)
- Physical Condition Scoring Process Notice, 6/23/1999
Normalized area weights used with area scores to create property level scores. The weights are adjusted to reflect the inspectable items that are present. Based on the importance of the deficiency reflected in its criticality value, points are deducted from the property score. PHAS Physical Condition Scoring Process Notice (6/23/1999) – Appendix 1 provides normalized area weights and deficiency criticality values.)
- Physical Inspection Scoring Document, 6/4/1999
To supplement the words and tables given in the PHAS Physical Condition Scoring Process Notice (6/23/1999), the Physical Inspection Scoring Document (6/4/1999) provides a fully detailed technical description of how physical inspections are scored.
- Public Housing Assessment System; Final Rule (1998)
Archived Handbooks and User Guidance and Instructions
- Physical Inspection Summary Report, version 2.3
The document details the objectives of the Inspection Summary report and provides the definition for each field in the report.
- DCD 2.3a Public Version User Guide
- Inspection Review Quick Reference Guide for Contractors, Version 1.0, Release 3.1.0
- Inspector Helpful Hints
- Physical inspection Summary report, version 2.3
This document details the objectives of the Inspection Summary Report and provides the definition for each field in the report.
- Scheduling (bulk upload Quick Reference Guide for Contractors, version 1.0 Release 4.0.0)
- Physical Inspection Scoring
This paper provides information regarding HUD’s physical inspection scoring process for all HUD public, insured and/or assisted housing.
- Physical Inspection Scoring 2.1
The steps to calculate the physical inspection scores as part of the physical inspection report are described in this document following the definitions and values for weights and deductions (6/4/1999).
- Revised Scheduling & Bulk Upload Quick Reference Guide for Contractors (4/4/2000).
Serves as a tool for REAC staff and inspection contractors to manage contracts, task orders and inspection scheduling details.
- Contractor Review Quick Reference Guide
Compares original data pulled from the source system with data collected during inspections to identify and assess discrepancies in data. Contains information on property, participant, scoring, building size and inspected items (5/3/000).
- Scheduling Quick Reference Guide (Public Version)
- Guidelines and Rules for completing a request for technical review (7/26/2000)
Archived Training Materials
- Inspection Software – Public Version 2.3a (4/19/2004)
The Physical Inspection Data Collection Device (DCD) software is used by the REAC Certified inspectors to record and submit assessments of HUD properties into a centralized database. The public version of this software is available to all.
- DCD 2.3a Public Version User Guide
Demonstrates how to use the data collection device (DCD0 to conduct a physical inspection (4/19/2004)
- Final Dictionary of Deficiency Definitions (PASS) Version 2.3 (3/8/2000)
- Software Test Report
HUD issued the results of comprehensive testing of the new 2.3 inspection software.
- Proposed Dictionary of Deficiency Definitions (PASS) (12/14/1999)
- Dictionary of Deficiency Definitions (PASS) Version 2.1 (8/13/1999)
- DCD 2.1 Instructor Guide
- DCD 2.1 Instructor Supporting Training Material
- DCD 2.1 Participant Guide
- DCD 2.1 Public Version
Reverse Auction Program (RAP)
Archived Business Rules
- Business Rules in effect December 2005 – May 7, 2006
- Business Rules in effect August 12, 2005 –December 19, 2005 (Auctions 3 – 7)
- Business Rules in effect June 21, 2005 – August 11, 2005
Archived Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
- Purchase Order Terms and Conditions in effect December 20, 2005 – May 7, 2006
- Purchase Order Terms and Conditions in effect June 21, 2005 – December 19, 2005